Lead, manage and inspire your cluster store teams to deliver a great shopping experience for our customers by ensuring great service, operational processes, and standards. Coach the retail cluster teams to develop commercial business plans, delivering profitable stores. Consistently lead by example, managing risk and creating a safe and legal environment, whilst delivering a great place to work for the store team. Reports to the Head of Retail and is accountable for all aspects of the area operation.
More about the role
- Through values led leadership deliver consistent business performance and standards in line with agreed processes.
- Provide strategic guidance and support to multiple retail stores within your assigned area.
- Deliver the company driver measures each period with consistency across all store formats.
- Understand the key market trends and competition, acting on any opportunities and influencing the relevant store.
- Creates a customer centric culture across the cluster by engaging and inspiring store teams.
- Supports business transformation and lead change.
- Delivers the stores development programme (store closures, relocations, new store openings and other investments) ensuring synergies are delivered and a return on investment.
- Ensures audit compliance across health & safety, security, and store processes.
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders to connect stores and be the voice of colleagues and customers.
- Delivers Retail operations plan.
- Creates a high performance and development culture across the cluster, developing talent and ensuring a strong succession pipeline.
- Properly maintain and merchandise optimum displays of products at assigned retail locations.
- Apply planograms controls where applicable.
- Keep up to date on promotions and advise management of competitor promotions.
- Ensure the standards of merchandising are always adhered to.
- Follow all required specifications of all products in the retail stores.
- Analyze store performance data, identify areas for improvement, and implement effective strategies.
- Be the key holder for your cluster stores.
More about you
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to identify opportunities to challenge and improve.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to engage and motivate a remote team.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, ability to land change whilst being customer centric.
- Experience of building relationships at all levels and balanced emotional intelligence
- Analytical and confident with ability to use judgment and apply intuition.
- Own it: Leads the changes, ability to encourage, empower and trust others to deliver results.
- Own it: Has a thorough understanding of the business performance and ensures store teams understand the business impact of their decisions.
- Make it better: Identifies opportunities to create streamlined ways of working on the cluster and focuses on great communication to drive results and standards.
- Make it better: Looks for ways of improving service and store teams understand how what they do influences the customer.
- Be human: Demonstrates values led leadership, builds great working relationships, inspires colleagues and key stakeholders at all levels.
- Execute and oversee special promotional campaigns created to boost sales volume.
- Monitor sales volume, inspect inventory levels, and maintaining in-store promotional items.
- Be able to respond to customer queries and request while working on location.
- Work effectively with the retail store teams on promotions.
- Establish / maintain relationships with management in all customer locations.
- Participate in Inventory counts as and when required.
- Carry out additional duties as and when required by the Management.
Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Previous experience in merchandising, retail, or product management.
- Knowledge of products and product placement i.e., planograms.
- Attention to detail.
- Car & driving license is required for this post.
- Be flexible to be able to work weekends.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS - 15th OCTOBER, 2023.