Tortuga Rum Company is searching for a skilled, creative baker who will strive to provide excellent baked items as well offer service in an efficient and professional manner. The baker will bake patties and various pastry items plus process orders from customers.
The Baker will also clean workstations/equipments and occasionally retrieve items from inventory. The Baker will perform other duties to ensure that customer needs are satisfied. The baker will ensure inventory is well-stocked and the kitchen is operating smoothly.
Key Duties and Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Bake patties and pastry items.
- Carries and distributes supplies.
- Greases pans and places food items into oven to bake.
- Removes baked products from oven.
- Cleaning bakery utensils and work area.
- Maintaining and sanitization of baker tools.
- Assist with inventory.
- Stock supplies.
- Removes waste and assist with bakery cleaning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as Baker or in a similar role.
- Strong reading and writing skills.
- Previous experience working in a similar business setting.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 25lbs.
- Great communication skills.
- Strong team working ability.
- Must be punctual and responsible.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Salary Range: $8-$10 per hour